Worldwide Motorhome Hire is celebrating 20 years serving adventurous travelers. Can you remember 2019?
It was the era of dial-up internet, rollerblades, Tony Blair, Tellytubbies and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- January 1 – The Sopranos TV series has it’s premiere. It ran for 6 seasons and had a puzzling ending.
- February 12 – U.S. President Bill Clinton is acquitted in impeachment proceedings in the United States Senate.
- March 21 – At The 71st Academy Awards, Shakespeare in Love winning Best Picture.
- April 20 – Columbine High School – Two teenagers open fire on their teachers and classmates, killing 12 students, 1 teacher, and themselves.
- May 6 – Elections were held in Scotland and Wales for the new Scottish Parliament and Welsh National Assembly.
- June 19 – Prince Edward marries Sophie Rhys-Jones in relatively low-key ceremony at Windsor Castle.
- July 4 – Rogue trader Nick Leeson returns to England, nearly four years after he was jailed. He caused the collapse of Barings Bank – losses £850million
- August 11 – A total solar eclipse is seen in Europe and Asia. Cornwall get Britain’s best eclipse
- September 27 – The Midland Bank adopts the name of its owner HSBC, marking an end of the Midland Bank name after 163 years.
- October 1 – The Rugby World Cup begins in the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.
- November 11 – House of Lords Act 1999 removes most hereditary peers from the House of Lords.
- December 30 – Former Beatle George Harrison, 56, suffers minor stab wounds after being attacked by an intruder at his home in Oxfordshire.
Enter our great 20 year celebration competition
Enter on Facebook