Motorhome RV Excess Insurance

Excess insurance motorhome car  what you need to know about Motorhome Excess Insurance, and how it works

Buy Motorhome Excess Insurance
Motorhome Excess Insurance

excess insurance motorhome car

motorhome rv excess insurance

When you make a motorhome booking, part of the purchase price goes to pay for insurance on the motorhome you will be driving.


Excess insurance motorhome car insurance that comes with your motorhome rental will always include an Excess (an amount which you will be liable for in the event of any damage). When you pick up your campervan at the depot, you will have to leave a deposit there (the excess amount). As an example, say you have an accident in the motorhome that causes €2000 worth of damage. If the insurance on the motorhome has an excess amount of €1200, then you will have to pay that amount from your deposit, with the insurance company covering the remaining €800.

Excess insurance motorhome car is available as a yearly policy for car hire and as a one trip policy for a Motorhome trip.

With motorhomes, you generally have the following options:


1. When you pick up the motorhome, the depot will take a signed credit card slip for the amount of the excess insurance. This slip would be processed in the event of any damage to the motorhome.


2. To avoid paying higher excesses, you can take out an independent Motorhome Hire Excess Insurance with our partner, Questor Insurance. By taking out one of these policies, you can reduce your excess to £350 (or equivalent) for as little as £8.13 per day.

How Motorhome Hire Excess Insurance works:

You would make the deposit for the excess to the supplier as normal, by whichever means they specify, and then go on your holiday. If any damage occurs to the motorhome, the depot will charge your deposit as normal. You would then obtain a damage report from the motorhome supplier, and retain any receipts. You can then submit your claim online and provide all of the supporting documentation to have your excess deposit returned (please note, however, that the first £350 of any claim would not be covered).

All drivers named on the rental agreement must be named on the policy for cover to apply. Rentals up to 45 days in length are covered. There is also an option to upgrade to worldwide cover (including your home country)/


All drivers named on the rental agreement for the motorhome are covered. Rentals up to 45 days in length are covered.


The cost is very reasonable; from UK£8.13 per day check online for latest prices , and you can pay in Euro as well. There is also a worldwide cover available, so any of the motorhomes we rent can be covered.

Excess insurance motorhome car

Some other key points to be aware of:


Eligibility to Purchase

  • Aged 24 to 74
  • Must hold full UK (United Kingdom), EEA (European Economic Area), or Swiss driving licence
  • Not subject to a driving ban
  • Fit to drive and not driving against the advice of a doctor

What is covered with motorhome rv excess insurance


Any physical loss or damage to the vehicle hired up to the excess shown in the car rental agreement including loss or damage to tyres, windscreen, under body of the vehicle and towing charges.


Policy Limits with motorhome rv excess insurance


The excess on the rental agreement but not more than:

  • European Rentals – £2,500 each and every loss and in total
  • £500 in respect of towing
  • £500 in respect of keys to the hired vehicle (per claim, GBP 2,000 in aggregate).

What’s Excluded with motorhome rv excess insurance

  • The first £350 of any loss
  • Any vehicle whose value is greater than GBP 50,000
  • Any vehicle aged more than 20 years from first registration
  • Any person not named on the rental agreement
  • Any person not named on the certificate of insurance
  • Any person not eligible to purchase this insurance
  • Mechanical breakdown
  • Who is providing the insurance motorhome rv excess insurance ?

The insurance is provided by Questor Insurance, an Independent insurance intermediary regulated by the Financial Services Authority (firm reference 466942).

How can I find out more?


Full up to date details of this insurance is available on the Questor Insurance website.

For first time campervan travelers we have a resource page with many helpful articles about Campervan Hire.